Latest News
The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Flame

The Flame

The Flame

Lodi High JV Football kicking off the season with a win against Pleasant Grove at the Great Bowl on Friday, August 18th

Above%2C+Alijah+Diaz+scores+a+touchdown+early+into+the+game+with+nearly+the+whole+team+behind+him%21+
Above, Alijah Diaz scores a touchdown early into the game with nearly the whole team behind him!

Sophomores Alijah Diaz, Jacob Bentz and Sean Tetz all scored touchdowns giving Lodi High a lead and winning the game.  During the second quarter, Jacob Bentz scored points with a two yard rushing touchdown and Erik De La Torre-Aria scored a point with a short kick bringing the score to 14-0. With five minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, Sean Tetz scored a touchdown bringing the score to 21-7, as Pleasant Grove scored points in the second quarter. Pleasant Grove would score another touchdown but miss the extra point with a kick, leaving the game’s final score to be 21-13, Lodi’s victory!

After the incredible performance, Sean Tetz, number 12 said, “It feels good beating that team. Even though we won, there are many things that our team could improve on.”

After the game, Logan Clegg, number 75, was interviewed and said, “I feel amazing! It was the best refreshment after a long time.  I feel like we did pretty good but we can definitely do better in many ways.”  

Flames JV Football now 1-0, starting the season with a victory.  Next week the Flames will go on to fight against McNair on September 1st. Make sure to not miss the game!